ACK Safaris July 31 - August 11
The Ultimate Safari designed just for you, the knife enthusiast!
Located in the Eastern Cape of South Africa, Tollie’s African Safari offers great hunting and 5-Star accommodations and meals.
- Safari includes:
- 5 Days at the Lodge
- 4 Days of Hunting
- 3 Trophy Animals (Blue or Black Wildebeest, Impala or Blesbok, and Springbok)
- 2 Management Animals – Horns from these animals are used for your Trophy Knife. (Impala or Mountain Reedbuck and Springbok)
- Meals, drinks, 5-star accommodations, laundry service, Professional Hunter, Tracker, Skinner, field preparation of trophies, shipping of Trophy Knife materials, hunting permits and tax is included.
- Other species may be added for additional fees – 30 species available!
- Optional trip to Addo Elephant Park included. (If time permits)
- Check out Tollie’s African Safaris: www.huntinginafrica.website
Knife Forging Course
There is nothing quite like hand-forging your own knife. This class will teach you how to forge a knife with instruction by Neels van den Berg - American Bladesmith Society Journeyman Smith and member of the Knifemaker’s Guild of Southern Africa.
- The class focuses on the fundamentals of forging, grinding, heat-treating and sharpening a knife. No previous Bladesmithing experience is needed but enthusiasm and a willingness to learn is important!
- You will take home YOUR hand forged knife and a Bladesmithing 101 DVD.
- Also included is a Traditional South African Braai (BBQ)!!
- More information about Neels van den Berg: www.blackdragonforge.co.za
KGSA Knife Show
Being a member of the Knifemaker’s Guild of Southern Africa is widely regarded as an honor and a responsibility. The members are truly regarded as the absolute best knifemakers in Africa.
- At the Guild Show, approximately 50 knifemakers gather to display, compete, and judge each other’s knives. Only Guild Members are allowed to exhibit, so you will see the best knives South Africa has to offer.
- You will have VIP access to the show, one-on-one interaction with the knifemakers and the first opportunity to purchase knives at the show. There is a good chance that some of those knifemakers will join us for dinner on Friday evening too!
- Purchases made at the Guild show are NOT covered in your Trip Fees.
- See members of the Guild here: http://www.kgsa.co.za/
Port Elizabeth Day Activities & Thys Meades’ Workshop
- Day activities may include: Game Reserve, Lion Park, visiting local Port Elizabeth attractions and markets depending on the desire of the group.
- Visit to Thys Meades’ workshop. Thys is a up and coming master knifemaker with a focus on fine slipjoints and traditional knives. We will tour his shop and see where the magic happens!
- See Thys' work here: https://www.instagram.com/meadesknives/
Your Personal, Custom, Hand-made Trophy Knife
Commemorate your safari with a custom hand-forged knife, crafted from the natural material of your animals harvested on the Safari!
- Choose either a Bowie or a Pukko style blade and pick which horns or bones you’d like the knife to include. Stuart Smith will create a trophy that will last a lifetime!
- ** Delivery time is 4-6 months due to drying time of the natural materials.
- ** One 8” – 10” knife is included. If you’d like more than one knife or a larger Bowie, additional fees may apply.
- See Stuart Smith’s work here: https://www.instagram.com/smithhandforgedknives/
Only 7 spots left!
Total cost: $9,500
Deposit required to hold reservation: $500
For More Information: